He is a partner with Shashikant J. Shah & Co., Chartered Accountants and practices mostly in the areas of Business & Assurance Analytics, Internal Audit, Information Systems Audit, Fraud Detection and Forensic Accounting.
He is a graduate in Commerce and Law from Mumbai University. He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant as well as holds a post-qualification certification in Information Systems Audit. He is also a Certified Internal Auditor, a credential given by the Institute of Internal Auditors (USA). He is an associate member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (USA). He also holds a M.A. (Masters in Arts) degree from Mumbai University in Political Science.
He has been a Faculty / Group leader at more than 300 Conferences / Seminars / Workshops / Study Circles, including at:
He is contributor to the publication “Study on Unconventional Methods in Special Audits and Investigations” published by the research committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India the basic draft of which is prepared by CA ChetanDalal. He is contributor to the BCAS and WIRC Referencer on “MS Excel”. He was the Co-Convener of the Information Technology Committee of Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society.
- Several companies like Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., Knight Frank India, Saurashtra Cements, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Trent Ltd. (a Tata group company), Reliance Communications, etc., where he has trained participants on using advance features of MS Excel for data, decision making and business modeling.
- Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society (BCAS) and Western India Regional Council (WIRC) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on ‘Using Excel for Audit’.
- Academic Staff College, University of Mumbai Lecture on “Assurance Analytics”.
- Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection using IT and CAATTs by the ICAI on “Data Mining – Investigative Auditing using CAATTs”
- Revision lectures for Final C.A. students conducted jointly by BCAS & WIRC Subject taken ‘Information Systems – Control & Audit’.
He reads Philosophy, does Gardening and has taken active part in Dramatics at College and Inter College levels.