AND FRAUD DETECTION WITH MS EXCEL
FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AND FRAUD DETECTION WITH MS EXCEL
To enable participants leverage advance Excel functionalities for investigative auditing, data mining for fraud detection, reporting and interpreting results.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
- Forensic Accountants,
- Chartered Accountants, Managers and team members and in the audit function,
- Internal auditors and Information System Auditors.
Hands – on exercises in Excel 2010 / 2013 using learn-by-doing approach on real world (realistic) data files interspersed with brief lectures and brain storming sessions.
Participants shall be given:
- Over 100 MB of realistic data files,
- Comprehensive course material and
INDICATIVE COURSE CONTENT
module # 1
Introduction to Forensic Science, Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
DAY 1 – DURATION: 0.5 HRS.
Principles of Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination; Roles of the Forensic Accountant, Introduction to Fraud and Forensic Accounting.
module # 2
Data Import – Getting Data into Excel
DAY 1 – DURATION: 3 HRS.
Learn techniques of Data Import from varied sources like :
- Text files (ASCII format, including .dat files),
- Web pages,
- RDBMS like SQL Server (including on-line connectivity to refresh data on real time basis), Tally database, etc.
- PDF files.
Standard techniques of data retrieval including retrieving deleted data, techniques to establish integrity of electronic data, preserving electronic evidence etc.
module # 3
DAY 1 – DURATION: 0.5 HRS
Techniques to detect gaps, duplicates, double payments, implement different test like the “Same Same Same” and the “Same Same Different” Tests.
module # 4
DAY 1 – DURATION: 2 HRS
Master the art of mining for susceptible transactions by efficiently shifting through millions of transactions and filtering out transactions that are indicative of high-value transactions, non-compliance with laws, rules or organisational policies, kick-backs etc.
module # 5
DAY 2 – DURATION: 2.5 HRS.
Multi-Dimensional Analysis of data including “Time Dimension Analysis” to detect fraud and other irregularities.
module # 6
RSF and Sigma
DAY 2 – DURATION: 1.5 HRS.
Know Relative Size Factor Theory (RSF)and Standard Deviations (sigma) and how these can help you zero down on questionable entities and identify red flag transactions. Learn to implement RSF and sigma in Excel.
module # 7
DAY 3 – DURATION: 1 HRS.
Use Benford’s Law to identify irrational repetition of digits so that you can zero down on suspicious transactions that may indicate irregularities or fraud.
module # 8
DAY 2 – DURATION: 1 HRS.
Case studies on realistic data to mine fraud.
ADDITIONAL / OPTIONAL MODULES
AOM1 – Macros – a definitive guide
DURATION: 3 HRS.
Learn ALL that is required to automate routine tasks in Excel
- Introduction to Macros,
- Recording Macros,
- Editing recorded Macros,
- Creating functions,
- Creating macros to automate routine tasks,
- Creating Macros that use data ranges which may vary in size,
- Finding free Macro codes, editing them & adapting to your requirement.
AOM2 – MS Excel Top 51 – Tips & Tricks
DURATION: 3 HRS.
This module is a compilation of such questions the answers to which every Excel business user is keenly interested to know. To these have been added lesser know, but extremely powerful, ‘secrets’ of Excel. The result is a listing that is titled “Top Excel Tips and Tricks”. Knowing these ‘Top Excel Tips and Tricks’ would help participant save tens of hours every month.
The tips are carefully categorized and grouped under heads like:
- Data entry and Data Validation,
- Navigation & Selection,
- Insert, Format and Copy paste,
- Creating Custom Lists,
- Filling multiple ranges (including non-adjacent ranges),
- Working with Range Names,
- Cell Comments,
- Conditional Formatting,
- Protecting your worksheet (including accessing data from protected worksheets!!),
- Use the Function Wizard, Common functions (AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT, COUNTA, ROUND, INT),
- Relative, Absolute, Mixed cell references : >,<,= operators,
- Logical functions using IF, AND, OR, NOT including nesting and combinations thereof,
- The LOOKUP function , Date and time functions ,
- INDEX and MATCH functions,
- Auto Filters and Advanced Filters.
We are committed to your success; It is our policy that every organization / individual who has ever been trained at one of our training programs is entitled to a FREE life-time email support for ideas / trouble shooting on implementing Excel for data analytics.
NO Conditions apply!!